Saturday, June 6, 2015

I'd Rather be Shopping at....

Years ago if someone were to ask my favorite place to shop, without hesitation I would respond, "Nordstrom!" The designer labels, quality, variety, expert lighting, over the top customer service and beautiful displays were so appealing even though the prices were typically way out of my budget.   While in college, I even completed an internship at the company's flagship store in Seattle.  During this time, one could purchase license plate holders which read, "I'd rather be shopping at Nordstrom." I always wanted one, but never did make that purchase.

These lotion bars... to die for!
Today, my license plate holder should read, "I'd rather be shopping at the farmers' market".  Much of what appealed to me about Nordstrom is true about a good growers' market.  Designer labels now mean knowing the farm or growers' name from where my produce comes, quality of the produce is superior compared to what I find at local groceries, and the variety of items I can purchase at markets is endless. Look at the lotion bars and goat milk soap I recently found!

The best find at the market?
The people!

These days, expert lighting comes from our New Mexico sun, market vendors provide excellent customer service (three generations of one family, the Torres', all serve with a smile) and the displays, well, nothing is more beautiful then a display of fresh fruits, vegetables and other unique items.

One thing that is different, is pricing.  Where Nordstrom's price points were once out of my budget,  I can actually afford to shop at my local farmers' market and I love knowing that my dollar is staying local and benefiting my community.
Luxurious goat milk soap.

Visit New Mexico Farmers Markets to find a market near you in New Mexico.

To find a market outside of New Mexico, contact your local Chamber of Commerce.



2 comments:

  1. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...
    outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rami. I appreciate your comment and I'm happy to know you find the information helpful.

    ReplyDelete